image_pdfimage_print

A security update to the Feedburner Feedsmith WordPress plugin

Today I noticed a posting of a security vulnerability in the Feedburner Feedsmith plugin for wordpress. The authors have released an updated version. It’s very easy and recommended to update to the latest version.

How to update:

1. Download version 2.3 of the plugin.
2. Sign in to your WordPress admin control panel.
3. Under Plugins, locate the current FeedSmith plugin, and click “Deactivate.”
4. Copy the plugin file, FeedBurner_FeedSmith_Plugin.php into your default WordPress plugin directory, wp-content/plugins/
5. Reactivate the plugin by logging in to your WordPress administration area, clicking Plugins, then clicking Activate at the end of the “FeedBurner FeedSmith” row

Via: Feedburner Blog

I think my feed is messed up

I upgraded wordpress to 2.0.5 yesterday, then I upgraded all my plugins. After that I noticed my feed republished itself in bloglines. However the feed entries were missing the Related Posts info that are part of a plugin I use. So I copied back my old wp-rss2.php. Now if I preview the feed I see all the correct info, but bloglines hasn’t updated my feed since yesterday and I even had a new entry. I also checked google reader and that also was missing the most recent entry. Ugh!!

Update: Well my feeds look like they are updating in various places now, but I had to deactivate my Feedburner Feed Replacement plugin.

Some tweaking going on

I’ve been doing quite a bit of work on the backend side of the blog lately. Including, but not limited to, installing many new wordpress plugins, a new theme and style, and some overall code tweaking. One side effect I’ve noticed is that my feed has been showing items as new again even though they’ve been read. If you’ve noticed that too and it bugs you, I apologize. I’m still working with a new ‘tags’ plugin which may mess with the feed a few more times. So things will will return to normal.