WTNSETUP.exe closes when used
I can't take credit for creating this solution, but I've used it a couple of times with complete success.
After doing a fresh installation of Winfax Pro 10 it requires you to go through a setup wizard. Problem is when go to move between the fields the setup program closes on you. It doesn't give any errors, it just disappears.
1. In CONTROL PANEL, Click on REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS
2. Click on the LANGUAGES Tab.
3. Under "TEXT SERVICES AND INPUT LANGUAGES" Click on the DETAILS button.
4. Click the ADVANCED Tab.
5. Under System Configuration, enable the option "Turn off advanced text services" (Put the CHECK mark in this box.)
6. Click OK.
7. Restart the computer and then try WinFax PRO / TalkWorks PRO again. Number entry should now work in WinFax.
8. Now go back to the control panel following the steps above and undo step 5, un-check the option "Turn off advanced text services."
Did this help you?
Please send me a comment letting me know if this helped you at all. I've had folks actually want to donate a few bucks for helping, and I want make it known that this information is provided for free.