Here’s the scenario; I am the Network Administrator and for whatever reason the remote desktop option has been disabled on the XP client I am trying to reach. It worked fine a couple of days ago, however I cannot connect to the client now. Is it possible to connect to a client machine remotely – even if the remote desktop option is disabled on the XP client?
The answer to this is yes…. as long as you have the rights to do so.
So how do you do it.
- Open Regedit on the server.
- Select File – Connect Network registry
- Enter the name of the client machine and select “Check Name”
- At the bottom of your servers registry tree you will know see 2 hives appear.
- The Hkey_Local_Machine and the Hkey_Users under the clients computer name.
Goto hklm\system\currentcontrolset\control\terminal server\FdenyTSConnection=1 Change the FdenyTSConnection to 0 Attempt to logon on again
[via: In The Trenches]