Not so fun

So I’m surfing along this afternoon and all of a sudden my computer acts as though it’s locked up. Within seconds I realize that it’s not frozen just that the mouse stopped working. I use a microsoft cordless optical mouse and I just recently changed the batteries, about a week ago. I flip it over and notice that the LED is blinking rapidly, which I’m pretty sure is not right. I opened the battery compartment to find that one of the batteries has sprung a leak and was bubbling with whatever liquid is inside of batteries.

After digging the batteries out and thoroughly drying the inside of the compartment I put in a new set of batteries and I was back up.

Moral of the story: Never buy Rayovacs again.