It’s called a Fantazein clock

This thing is soo cool. While out at a local tavern, I noticed that they had one of the clocks and it was just so neat. So the next day I started looking for these on the internet, but I didn’t know what they were called.

After numerous different search strings, I finally found what I was looking for. They’re called a Fantazein clock. I was able to pick a new one up on eBay for a decent price.

It works using the principle of persistence of vision to make the text look like it’s floating in the air.

Fantazein Clock